Tuesday, May 1, 2018

The Example of Our Life Together

On a fairly regular basis people ask me about Plymouth. My standard reply is to tell them about the faithfulness of the people (you). I tell them about the wonderful energy that is present on Sunday mornings when we gather together for worship. I tell them about the ways we are involved in the community. I tell them about the fact that our building is so heavily used it is sometimes challenging to find a space to hold a meeting. And I tell them about all the ways in which I feel supported and cared for by the congregation. Sometimes I have the opportunity to listen while other people talk to me about the many ways in which they appreciate Plymouth. The other night at “Let’s Talk About It” several people approached me to share their gratitude for our congregation. In the two and a half years I have been your pastor I have come to understand that Plymouth has a (well-deserved) reputation around Helena for being a safe, open, welcoming place for people to gather. May we continue to live in such a way that people don’t need to ask us what we believe because they can see it spelled out in bold letters through the example of our collective life together. Thank you for being who you are, and for the privilege I have of serving with you as your pastor.

- Pastor Roger  
(keeping my feet firmly planted in the flow)

No comments:

Post a Comment